Cosmic Byte is a renowned gaming gear brand that offers the best quality products to its users. However, some users have reported that the Cosmic Byte wired controllers are not working. Issues like this can be frustrating as gamers rely on gaming gear for a good gaming experience. Keep reading this post to learn how you can fix it.
What can I do if my Cosmic Byte wired controllers are not working?
If your Cosmic Byte wired controllers are not working, check if it’s connected correctly to your USB port and update device drivers. However, if that doesn’t help, follow these suggestions:
1. Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
The Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter is a Windows Utility that helps fix errors faced by device hardware and connected devices. It can scan and fix hardware-related errors automatically. Here’s how you can run it:
- Open the Command Prompt as an Admin.
- Type the following command and hit Enter:
msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic
- Once the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter opens, click on Next.
- It will automatically scan for errors and ask you to apply the fix.
Ensure your Cosmic Byte controller is plugged in before running the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
2. Check Connections
Next, check if the Cosmic Byte wired controllers are plugged in correctly to your device and if the connection isn’t loose. Unplug the device, clean the port, and plug it again or into a different port.
3. Update Drivers
Outdated or corrupt device drivers can also be why Cosmic Byte wired controllers may not work. Update your device drivers and see if it helps. Here’s how:
- Open Windows Settings by pressing the Windows key + I key combination.
- Navigate to Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates.
- A list of updates will be available under Driver Updates; you can choose what drivers you want to update.
4. Check for Software Conflicts
Sometimes conflicts due to apps and programs installed on your device can make connected hardware devices malfunction. Run the game in clean boot mode where the Cosmic Byte wired controllers are not working. Running the game in clean boot mode will restrict all third-party applications and only run the applications you want without interruptions. Here’s how you can perform a clean boot:
- Click on Start, search msconfig and hit Enter.
- Here, select Selective Startup and Load System Services.
- Now, navigate to the Services tab, select Hide all services at the bottom, and click Disable All.
- Click on Apply and then on Ok to save the changes.
- Restart your device, and it’ll boot into the clean boot mode.
- Now, check if the controllers are working fine or not. If they do work, you’ll have to manually enable one process after another to see which ones are causing the error.
5. Contact Customer Support
If none of these suggestions helped, contact Cosmic Byte’s Customer Support. Doing so may help resolve your issue without having to contact customer support.
How do I know if my cosmic byte controller is charging?
You’ll have to check the indicator light to know if your Cosmic Byte controller is charging. If it blinks slowly, the controller’s charging, and if the light stops blinking and the controller goes into sleep, then it’s fully charged.
How do I connect my wired gamepad to my PC?
To connect your wired gamepad to your PC, plug it into the USB port. However, if it’s wireless, it’ll come with a USB receiver, plug it into a USB port and turn on the switch on the gamepad.