In this article, we’ll see how to enable Microsoft Edge Workspaces. Last year, Microsoft launched the Workspaces feature for the enterprise preview. But now, the feature is available to the general public.
If you want to enable and use the Microsoft Edge Workspaces feature, you’ve come to the right place. Here, we’ll share steps to enable Workspaces in Microsoft Edge. So, let’s begin.
Prerequisites to Enable Microsoft Edge Workspaces
The Workspaces feature is currently under public preview. You’ll have to visit the Microsoft Edge Workspaces public preview page to sign up for this feature.
To enable Microsoft Edge Workspaces, you must be using Microsoft Edge version 111.0.1661.51 (or higher). So, ensure Edge is updated. Also, you must be signed in to your Microsoft account on Edge to enable and use the Workspaces feature.
Once you fulfill all these requirements, you can enable Microsoft Edge Workspaces.
Enable Microsoft Edge Workspaces
To enable Microsoft Edge Workspaces, follow these steps:
- Launch Microsoft Edge.
- Type edge://flags/ in the address bar and press Enter.
- In the search bar, type Workspaces and press Enter.
- Click the drop-down icon next to Enable Workspaces option and choose the Enabled option.
- Click the Restart button.
After restart, you’ll see the Workspaces icon in the left corner of Microsoft Edge. If you want to disable Microsoft Edge Workspaces, choose Disabled from the drop-down menu and then restart Edge.
How to Use Microsoft Edge Workspaces
It’s very easy to use the Microsoft Edge Workspaces feature. Here’s how to create a workspace and share it with your colleagues:
- Click the Workspaces icon at the top-left corner of the Edge.
- Click the Create new button.
- Give a name to your workspace and choose a color of your choice. Then, click the Done button.
- Edge will open a new window with your workspace at the top left corner.
And that’s about it. This is you can create a workspace in Microsoft Edge. Now, to invite your colleagues to the workspace, follow these steps:
- Click on your workspace name at the top left corner and choose the Invite to workspace option.
- Click the Copy link button.
Now, share the link with your colleagues to invite them to your workspace. Once your colleagues accept the invitation, you can browse the same set of tabs and always be in sync.
How to Hide Microsoft Edge Workspaces
If you want to hide the Workspace icon from Edge top left corner, you can do that too. Simply right-click on the Workspaces icon in the top left corner and choose the Hide from toolbar option.
In future, if you want to add the Workspaces icon to Edge, head toward Edge Settings page and choose Appearance from the left sidebar. Then, enable the toggle next to Show Workspaces.
How to Delete a Microsoft Edge Workspace
To delete a Microsoft Edge workspace, follow these steps:
- Click the Workspaces icon at the top left corner.
- Click the three dots next to the workspace you want to delete and choose Delete workspace option.
What is Microsoft Workspaces?
Workspaces is a new Microsoft Edge feature that you can use to create and share a set of tabs with your colleagues. It allows you to work on the tabs with your colleagues in real-time.
How do I enable plugins in Edge?
To enable plugins in Edge, click the Extension icon in the top bar and choose the Open Microsoft Edge Add-ons option. Then, search for your plugin and click the Get button next to it to add it to Microsoft Edge.