This article will show how to install the YouTube web app on Windows 11/10. YouTube has consistently been the go-to platform for leisurely passing time. While there exists a native YouTube app for Android and iOS, Google has never introduced an official app for Windows.
Nevertheless, you have the option to install YouTube on your Windows PC as a PWA (Progressive Web App). PWA is a technology that enables web browsers to install websites as applications on your computer. With that in mind, let’s proceed to explore how to install the YouTube web app on Windows 11/10
Install the YouTube Web App on Windows 11/10
Most modern browsers allow you to install YouTube as a PWA on your Windows PC. Let’s check out how to do it using Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
Install the YouTube Web App Using Google Chrome
Installing the YouTube app on Windows using Google Chrome is very easy. Here’s a step-by-step instruction on how to do that:
- Launch Google Chrome and search for YouTube on it.
- Click on three-vertical dots at the top right corner, hover the cursor to More tools, and choose Create shortcut.
- Check the Open as window box and click the Create button.
And that’s about it. Google Chrome will install a PWA version of YouTube on your computer. You can search for the YouTube app in Start Menu or even pin it to the Taskbar to quickly access it.
To uninstall the YouTube web app, follow these steps:
- Type chrome://apps in the Chrome address bar and press Enter.
- Right-click on YouTube and choose Uninstall from the context menu.
- Click the Remove button.
This will uninstall the YouTube PWA from your Windows PC.
Install the YouTube Web App on Windows Using Microsoft Edge
To install the YouTube app on Windows using Microsoft Edge, follow these steps:
- Open the YouTube website on Microsoft Edge.
- Click the three horizontal dots at the top right corner, hover the cursor on Apps, and choose Install YouTube.
- Click the Install button.
YouTube is now installed as an app on your computer.
In the future, if you want to uninstall the YouTube app, here’s how you can do that:
- Open Microsoft Edge, click the three horizontal dots, hover the cursor to Apps, and choose View apps.
- Right-click on YouTube and choose the Manage app.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Click the Remove button to confirm your selection.
YouTube PWA is now removed from your Windows computer.
Can you install the YouTube app on Windows?
Unlike Android and iOS, there isn’t a native YouTube app available for Windows. However, you can install the PWA version of the YouTube app on Windows using different browsers like Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
How do I put the YouTube app on my desktop?
It’s very easy to put the YouTube app on your desktop. Simply open Microsoft Edge, click the three horizontal dots, hover the cursor to Apps, and choose View apps. Then, right-click on YouTube and choose the Manage app option. In the All apps window, click the Create Desktop shortcut button.