This post will show how to turn off Sticky Keys in Windows 11. Sticky Keys is an incredible Windows accessibility feature you can enable by pressing Shift key five times. This feature helps users who can’t use the keyboard in the traditional way because of any disability or injury.
Sticky Keys allows you to use the Ctrl, Alt, and Windows Logo keys by pressing one key at a time. Although this feature usually works well, it can be frustrating for users who unintentionally activate it. To address this situation, check out these three quick ways to turn off Sticky Keys in Windows 11.
How to Turn Off Sticky Keys in Windows 11?
There are three ways to disable Sticky Keys in Windows 11. Let’s check out each method one by one in detail.
1. Turn Off Sticky Keys Using the Quick Access Menu
As the name suggests, the Quick Access Menu is the go-to place to access important Windows tools quickly. It also has an Accessibility option from where you can disable Sticky Keys. Here’s how to do that:
- Press the Win + A hotkey to open the Quick Access Menu.
- Click the Accessibility option.
- Disable the toggle next to the Sticky keys.
2. Turn Off Sticky Keys Using the Settings App
The Settings app lets you configure important Windows settings. To use it to disable Sticky Keys in Windows 11, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app using the Win + I hotkeys.
- Choose Accessibility from the left sidebar and then Keyboard from the right pane.
- Turn off the toggle next to the Sticky keys.
3. Turn Off Sticky Keys Using the Control Panel
You can use the Control Panel to get rid of Sticky Keys on your computer. Here’s how:
- Press the Win key to open the Start Menu, type Control Panel in the search bar, and press Enter.
- Choose the Ease of Access option.
- Select the Change how your keyword works option.
- Uncheck the Turn on Sticky Keys box.
- Click Apply > OK to save the changes.
How do I turn on Sticky Keys in Windows?
The quickest way to turn on Sticky Keys in Windows is via your keyboard. Simply press the Shift key on your keyboard five times, then click Yes to the prompt that appears to turn on Sticky Keys.
How do I turn off Sticky Keys and Filter Keys in Windows 10?
To turn off Sticky Keys and Filter Keys in Windows 10, launch the Settings app, select Ease of Access, and then Keyboard. Next, uncheck the toggle for Use Filter keys and Use Sticky Keys options.